As an exporter you might be asked to provide a PVoC certificate (Pre-Export Verification of Conformity) for Tanzania, Uganda or Kenya. A PVoC is required for customs clearance. Depending on your specific situation Pincvision can assist you in obtaining the Pre-Export Verification of Conformity Certificate. As we have a partnership with multiple global certified bodies you can now have one partner to arrange your document process for Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda. Each country has is own regulatory authority in charge of these conformity programs:
- Tanzania - TBS (Tanzanian Bureau of Standards)
- Kenya - KEBS (Kenyan Bureau of Standards)
- Uganda - UNBS (Uganda National Bureau of Standards)
How to request a PVoC Certificate?
The conformity programs for Uganda, Tanzania and Kenya are very similar to other Confirmity programs in Africa and the Middle-East.
- For Uganda and Tanzania it is sufficient to provide us with your commercial invoice and then our team will take care of the rest for you.
- For Kenya it is important to share with us the IDF (Import Declaration Form) together with your commercial or export invoice. The IDF needs to be requested by the importer with the Kenya Revenue Authority.
When the certificate is issued by the inspection company (of your choice), Pincvision provides you with a digital exporter copy. Your importer can use this copy to obtain the original document at the local office of the certified body. As Pincvision can assist in the registration and licensing of your products, we can ensure lead times for these countries within 48 hours.
Interested in learning more about our PVoC service, or about any of our other services? Contact us by clicking one of the buttons on the left.