New update Gabon Conformity Program PROGEC
Since January 1, 2016, exporters/importers trading with Gabon need to comply with the requirements of the Gabon government’s office, Agence Gabonaise de Normalisation (AGANOR) Conformity Assessment Programme called PROGEC in order for their goods to clear customs.
GABON Program of Conformity (PROGEC)
Gabon’s conformity assessment program protects local consumers by ensuring that all regulated products and raw materials imported to the country meet the relevant approved standards and technical regulations. This means that all products destined for import to Gabon must be assessed and issued with a Certificate of Conformity.
According to the latest update the GABON Program of Conformity (PROGEC) has expanded its list of regulated products and reduced the minimal threshold of value subject to the program.
The minimum threshold decreased from € 3000 to € 1000. In principal all products are subject to the program with the exception of the foodstuff segment (from chapter 1 to 24) and exceptions mentioned below:
- Non-Commercial value postal shipments and express courier
- Commercial samples
- Donation from foreign governments or international organizations to foundations, welfare and human organizations
- Recognized of public interest
- Personal gifts
- Humanitarian goods from foreign Governments, organizations or individuals in case of disaster
- Gifts and supplies imported by consular and diplomatic missions, or United Nations sponsored organizations for their own use
- Goods purchased with donations and external funds
Your Certificate of Conformity arranged by Pincvision
Read more about Certificates of Conformity on our service page. Do you need a Certificate of Conformity for a shipment to Gabon or any other country please contact us by calling +31(0)88-4321800 or send an email to email@example.com.